It's propose day people, and more guys than girls take advantage of this day to say out loud their inner feelings to girls. Here's are a few simple tips that'll come in handy before, during and after you pop the question.
If you want to do it to a random person you just saw
If you are one of those who just saw a girl/guy and feel you like that person, than better to communicate through possible mutual friends or in other cases trying to start a conversation close to her and see the response instead of diving head first and knocking yourself out. If she is interested in the chat than you have a small sign but you should rather keep it at just friends at this point of time. If she's not showing any signs and is keeping to her own business than that's your cue to get lost( No, seriously). For those who already have some one as a friend and a possible companion, read on....
Popping the question- The preparations
1) Place : If You know that person fairly well or somewhat that the first thing is to decide a place, somewhere where you've hung out or someplace the other person likes to be, where both of you can be comfortable. It can be home, a restaurant, beach or even in a car for a long drive. Doesn't need to be an expensive place as long as both of you are comfortable.
2) Mental Preparedness: Just be ready to hear NO. That may be hard but you need to ensure what to do in case that happens.
3) Make sure you have a lot of time with each other.
Popping the question-The time has come
1) It doesn't matter whether you're a guy or a girl, proposing it in that way with one knee on the ground has it's own special meaning. Just don't do that in public as it may make things look awkward.
2) If that's not your style than just hold the hands and look at him/her in the eyes, it'll also give you the cue as to whether the other person is ready or not.
3) Take a deep breath to ease yourself and just say it. The words you choose are a reflection of what you want so I hope you don't end up saying "Wanna be my chhammak challo"
4) DON'T propose on Facebook or during a chat
5) DON'T propose on the telephone
6) DON'T make a fool of yourself by doing something outrageous. Some girls don't really like that.
So it's a Yes
Good, now you have a reason to celebrate. But what would really help it is a simple kiss to the cheek or the lips if both of you can agree to that. The rest depends entirely on you as a couple.
OMG She said No
Sorry to hear that, but it's not the end of the world. If the answer was no, don't act startled or surprised. As I said earlier, prepare yourself for it. Regain composure and stand up, if you're kneeling down, with a smile, as much as it hurts say it we can be friends. If it hurts you that badly, then I suggest that you should lessen your contact and meet your other friends to get over it. It'll take time but you can learn a lot from it.
A ZV2 Original post